The CRC is located in the lower level of the Jack C. Taylor Library on the east side of the building.
The Resource Center is open during regular library hours. For a current schedule, visit http://fontbonne.libcal.com.
TWO class sets of clickers are available for checkout through the Circulation Desk.
Want to know more?
Give us a call with questions or to reserve a set today! 314-889-1417
The Curriculum Resources Center (CRC) supports the mission of the Library, the University, the teaching needs of the faculty and students of Education, Special Education, & Early Childhood Education at Fontbonne University as well as the certification and professional development of practicing teachers throughout Missouri. The CRC provides both curriculum resources and educational experiences for pre-service teachers at Fontbonne that enrich the instructional experiences of children and youth, pre-kindergarten though grade 12. The overall goal of the CRC is to support the ongoing efforts of Fontbonne University towards educational excellence and student achievement.
1) to provide a pleasant environment for students to explore and evaluate education curricular resources.
2) to facilitate effective collection development, management, maintenance and circulation of the CRC’s collection.
3) to assist students in identifying, locating and utilizing curriculum resources and technologies.
4) to provide genres/formats of classical and contemporary children’s and young adult literature.
5) to provide literacy materials (Big Books, grade level sets of literature based reading texts, etc.) appropriate for subject integration in small group or whole class instruction.
6) to provide mathematical and musical manipulatives (rhythm instruments, blocks, counting beads, etc.) for appropriate subject integration in small group or whole class instruction.
7) to provide current and relevant resources in special education (Differentiated Instruction, Children with Disabilities, etc.) for integration in small group or whole class instruction.
Students use the CRC’s collection to develop curricula, create lesson plans, and teach in practicum situations. All materials are available to education and special education professionals in the community, to individuals with disabilities and their families, and to academic institutions across the state through MOBIUS, a state-wide consortium.
Read Instruction Librarian Peggy Ridlen's reflections on the collaboration that inspired the transformation of the Curriculum Resources Center.