Students often use Google to complete research assignments unless instructors direct them otherwise. Why should you tell your students to use the Library resources?
- They can gain quick and easy access to scholarly resources without searching through 1.5 million results
- They won't need to waste time evaluating whether the information they retrieve is credible or correct
- They will prepare better papers and assignments and (as a result) get better grades
The Fontbonne Librarians are available to help you and your students by presenting a Library instruction session in your class. Sessions can be customized to cover Library resources that are available for a specific assignment, or we can provide a general overview of the Library - whichever you prefer. This is an efficient means to get all your students pointed towards scholarly, vetted resources. We ask for notice of at least one week when scheduling these sessions so that we can adequately prepare the content. Please feel free to contact any of us.
Additionally, we are happy to:
- Set up books for supplemental course reading in Course Reserves
- Locate resources to support your teaching and research projects
- Explain what digital resources/databases in your subject area are available through the Library
- Demonstrate how to access Library materials on and off campus
- Show you our newest digital resources