If you want to change a one-way lecture into a two-way dialogue, i>clicker is the tool for you.
What is a Clicker?
Clickers are a plug-and-play interactive classroom response system that allows instructors to gather real-time information and responses in a variety of classroom settings. The remote control-like devices offer numeric and alphanumeric capabilities, LCD display, and online integration options.
Questions types include
- yes / no
- true / false
- text entry
- fill in the blank
- short answer (up to 15 characters)
- multiple correct responses
When used effectively, Clickers can:
- allow real-time assessment and feedback
- foster student engagement
- enhance dialogue among students
- increase active learning
- promote higher order thinking skills
- build learning communities
- measure student learning outcomes
How Do Clickers Work?
Using a handheld electronic device (clicker), students (or small groups) can respond to questions posed by their instructor. Answers are transmitted using radio signals to a portable receiver. Each signal is unique and software is used to interpret individual responses. The responses are then stored and can be used in a variety of ways to promote student learning, reflection, and class participation.
Learn more: https://www.iclicker.com/for-education/