Did you know that there is an MLA paper template in the newer versions of Microsoft Word? Applying the template to your document will make it easier for you to format your header, page numbers, citations, etc.
- After you open MS Word, click on the File button in the upper left corner.
- Select New.
- A window will pop up and at the top, you will see a search bar with Search for Online Templates.
- Click in the search bar and type in MLA Style Report.
- In the screenshot below, you will see the MLA Style Report template highlighted.
- Open it up and click on Create to download your new template. Just delete the text in the template as you word process your document.
You must choose the template BEFORE you begin writing. And be sure to carefully proofread your final copy – these templates can save time and be very useful but they are rarely perfect!