- Go to the first page for which you want to have numbered pages.
- At the top of the page, before the first line/word, click on the document to place your curser.
- Then choose Page Layout from the top menu. Next select Breaks - Next Page.
- Now choose Insert from the top menu and then select Page Numbers and then choose how you want them to appear in the document.
- Now highlight the page number at which you want to start the numbering. From the Header & Footer Tools menu, unclick Link to Previous.
- With the number still highlighted, choose Page Number from the top menu, then select Format Page Numbers. Under Page Numbering, choose Start At and then select a starting number.
- The last step is to go to the top of the document and click on the first page number and then hit delete. This will remove the beginning numbering sequence and you will be left with the numbering sequence you created later in the document.
Watch the video below to see these steps in action.